N.Y. man charged in crash that killed 2 in N.J.
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bail is set at $1 million for a New York City man accused of running a red light and crashing into a vehicle, killing a woman and her daughter in New Jersey.
Prosecutors have charged 29-year-old Emanuel Garcia of Bronx, N.Y., with aggravated manslaughter.
Authorities say police began chasing Garcia after he made an illegal turn at an intersection in East Brunswick on Monday.
Police terminated the chase, however authorities say Garcia continued speeding and passing vehicles in the shoulder before ignoring a red light.
Police say his vehicle broadsided a car driven by 83-year-old Dolores Krowicki and her 60-year-old daughter Karen Larue. The Spotswood residents died at a hospital.
Police apprehended Garcia after they say he ran from the scene.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 32 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
2 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos