Lawyer: Bad medicine led Delco family to strip naked
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The attorney for a woman who stripped naked with three of her children outside a suburban Philadelphia high school says an adverse medical reaction triggered the psychotic episode.
According to the Delaware County Daily Times, Sara Butler's lawyer says contradictory medications for lupus led the 44-year-old mother to think the world was ending.
Butler drove to Upper Darby High School in March with two adult children and a teenage son. She wanted to pick up another child, but the student wasn't released because Butler was not the custodial parent.
Police say family members then shed their clothes in the parking lot and chanted religious phrases.
Butler and her adult daughters pleaded guilty Monday to indecent exposure and related charges. All were placed on probation.
pennsylvania, delaware county, school, naked in public, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases