Lawyer: Bad medicine led Delco family to strip naked
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The attorney for a woman who stripped naked with three of her children outside a suburban Philadelphia high school says an adverse medical reaction triggered the psychotic episode.
According to the Delaware County Daily Times, Sara Butler's lawyer says contradictory medications for lupus led the 44-year-old mother to think the world was ending.
Butler drove to Upper Darby High School in March with two adult children and a teenage son. She wanted to pick up another child, but the student wasn't released because Butler was not the custodial parent.
Police say family members then shed their clothes in the parking lot and chanted religious phrases.
Butler and her adult daughters pleaded guilty Monday to indecent exposure and related charges. All were placed on probation.
pennsylvania, delaware county, school, naked in public, local/state
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 9 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years