Sandusky's wife getting $50,000 in bail returned
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is getting back the $50,000 she put up for his bail before his conviction on 45 counts of child sexual abuse.
A judge on Thursday granted Sandusky's request to refund the bail to Dottie Sandusky and to release the court's hold on their home, which had been put up as $200,000 collateral.
The 68-year-old Sandusky has been in a county jail since his June conviction on sexually abusing 10 boys, some on campus.
Before that, he'd been on house arrest to await trial.
He's expected to get a lengthy state prison term when sentenced next week, but he maintains his innocence and plans to appeal.
pennsylvania state university, abuse, child abuse, pennsylvania, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 12 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 47 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 12 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 19 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 36 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos