Sandusky's wife getting $50,000 in bail returned
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is getting back the $50,000 she put up for his bail before his conviction on 45 counts of child sexual abuse.
A judge on Thursday granted Sandusky's request to refund the bail to Dottie Sandusky and to release the court's hold on their home, which had been put up as $200,000 collateral.
The 68-year-old Sandusky has been in a county jail since his June conviction on sexually abusing 10 boys, some on campus.
Before that, he'd been on house arrest to await trial.
He's expected to get a lengthy state prison term when sentenced next week, but he maintains his innocence and plans to appeal.
pennsylvania state university, abuse, child abuse, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man