Del. woman, 24, charged for abandoning her baby
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County woman has been charged with leaving her baby in a car seat on the sidewalk in front of a vacant home.
It happened on Wednesday at 2:10 p.m.
Officers arrived in the 300 block of Glasgow Drive in the Glasgow Court Trailer Park to find a car seat on the sidewalk with an infant buckled into it.
A resident told police a woman wearing shorts and a multi-colored shirt was seen walking away from the baby.
Officers located the baby's mother, 24-year-old Abbie Arms, a short time later at her home in the 200 block of North Patrice Drive, which is located in the same trailer park.
Arms told police she had become distracted by a phone call and left her son.
Arms was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and released on $250 bail.
The baby is now in the custody of the Delaware Division of Family Services.
delaware, children, new castle county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 29 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 44 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 39 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 29 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
29 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
24 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos