Del. woman, 24, charged for abandoning her baby
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County woman has been charged with leaving her baby in a car seat on the sidewalk in front of a vacant home.
It happened on Wednesday at 2:10 p.m.
Officers arrived in the 300 block of Glasgow Drive in the Glasgow Court Trailer Park to find a car seat on the sidewalk with an infant buckled into it.
A resident told police a woman wearing shorts and a multi-colored shirt was seen walking away from the baby.
Officers located the baby's mother, 24-year-old Abbie Arms, a short time later at her home in the 200 block of North Patrice Drive, which is located in the same trailer park.
Arms told police she had become distracted by a phone call and left her son.
Arms was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and released on $250 bail.
The baby is now in the custody of the Delaware Division of Family Services.
delaware, children, new castle county, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish