Driver charged in Cherry Hill Mall hit-and-run
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - October 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have charged the driver involved in a hit-and-run accident at the Cherry Hill Mall.
Wanda Brown, 49 of the unit block of Lansdowne Ave in Camden, was arrested a few hours after Thursday's crash.
Brown is charged with Causing Serious Bodily Injury While Driving on a Suspended Driver's License, Leaving the Scene of an Accident Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury and Endangering an Injured Victim. She was also charged with numerous motor vehicle violations
The accident happened just before 2:00 p.m. Thursday on westbound Route 38 near Mall Drive.
Police Brown's vehicle struck a man as he was crossing Route 38 and dragged him about 50 feet.
The vehicle then fled the area. Police say the driver failed to stop and render aid.
Action News talked to one woman who arrived on the scene moments after it happened.
"When I moved up, I noticed there was a body on street," said Murella Platt of Moorestown, N.J.. "He was knocked out cold, no movement. Since it was right in my lane, I didn't want whoever it was to get run over. So I pulled up behind him maybe 50 feet, put my hazards on to direct traffic to go around it."
The victim is currently recovering from surgery at Cooper University Hospital as a result of multiple fractures and severe head and neck injuries.
new jersey, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 41 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 24 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 27 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police