Police: Man shot for iPhone in Summerdale
SUMMERDALE - October 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are trying to track down the people who robbed a man of his iPhone and then shot him in Summerdale early Friday morning.
The incident occurred around 12:30 a.m. in the 5200 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
Police say the 23-year-old victim was robbed on his way home from work and they believe he was targeted by the suspects.
The victim was taking his usual way home when he was ambushed, robbed of his iPhone and then shot in an alley. He was able to run to a relative's house before collapsing.
He was taken to a hospital with a wound to his stomach and is listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspects who fled the scene after the shooting.
robbery, shooting, summerdale, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 29 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra