Del. man arrested for trying to kidnap wife
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a man for the attempted assault and kidnapping of his wife in Wilmington Thursday night.
According to police, 39-year-old Theodore Baumgardner tried to pull off the crime in front of his children.
The investigation started about a week ago on the 1800 block of Howland Street.
The 36-year-old victim told authorites that she was leaving for work when her husband got in her car and threatened to kill her.
kidnapping, assault, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 41 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 27 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's