Pa. prosecutor, wife charged with abusing kids
PITTSBURGH (AP) - October 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Details are emerging into assault and child endangerment charges filed against a deputy attorney general and his wife stemming from the western Pennsylvania couple's alleged maltreatment of their adopted Ethiopian children.
Thirty-three-year-old Douglas Barbour and his 30-year-old wife, Kristen, have been arraigned Friday on charges stemming from the treatment of their adopted 6-year-old son and 18-month-old daughter.
The couple's defense attorney hasn't commented on allegations that the boy was forced to eat meals in the bathroom when he messed his pants, and that the girl had multiple head fractures.
Allegheny County police say they began investigating when both children were treated at a hospital last month.
Douglas Barbour has been suspended without pay from his job as a deputy attorney general.
children, child abuse, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 1 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 1 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 1 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 1 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
1 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
1 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos