Fatal NJ Turnpike crash to affect traffic for months
ROBBINSVILLE, N.J. (AP) - October 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Transportation officials are warning motorists traveling west bound on I-95 near interchange 7a to expect continuing traffic delays in the coming months as a result of a fatal accident earlier this week.
An Interstate 195 overpass along the New Jersey Turnpike in Mercer County was damaged by fire from the crash.
Authorities say a dump truck overturned and burst into flames Wednesday, killing the driver. The identity of the driver has not been released.
The accident caused shutdowns and major traffic delays on the toll road and 195.
Transportation officials say they won't repair the damaged overpass, as I-195 traffic will eventually use a new overpass that's under construction.
A Department of Transportation spokesman says the overpass was originally scheduled to be completed in December but that officials will try to speed up that timetable.
new jersey, mercer county, accident, fire, local/state
- Snow Arriving 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 1 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 5 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 44 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 43 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
33 min ago