Pedestrian struck, killed in Del. hit-and-run
NEWPORT, Del. - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A male pedestrian was struck and killed while walking down a road in Newport, Delaware.
It happened around 11:45 Friday night on the 1200 block of West Newport Pike in New Castle County.
Police say that 41-year-old John B. Turner was walking along the eastbound lanes of the roadway when he was hit.
The impact sent Turner approximately 30 feet onto the sidewalk. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did not stop at the scene.
Authorities believe that the vehicle should have damage to the right front passenger side.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Delaware State Police at 302-834-2620 ext 244. Tips can also be submitted to 1-800-847-3333 or via www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, new castle county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 25 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 55 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 12 min ago