Pedestrian struck, killed in Del. hit-and-run
NEWPORT, Del. - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A male pedestrian was struck and killed while walking down a road in Newport, Delaware.
It happened around 11:45 Friday night on the 1200 block of West Newport Pike in New Castle County.
Police say that 41-year-old John B. Turner was walking along the eastbound lanes of the roadway when he was hit.
The impact sent Turner approximately 30 feet onto the sidewalk. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did not stop at the scene.
Authorities believe that the vehicle should have damage to the right front passenger side.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Delaware State Police at 302-834-2620 ext 244. Tips can also be submitted to 1-800-847-3333 or via www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, new castle county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees