Teen surrenders in AC shooting that left 1 dead, baby wounded
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Atlantic County teenager sought in a shooting that left a man dead and a baby injured this summer has turned himself into authorities.
Atlantic County prosecutors say the 16-year-old Atlantic City boy faces several charges, including murder. He was being held at a youth detention center, and it was not clear Saturday whether he has retained lawyer.
The youth, whose name was not released due to his age, is charged in the July 29 shooting death of 25-year-old Sedrick Lindo, who was shot while sitting on a porch outside the Carver Hall apartments in Atlantic City.
A 3-month-old baby suffered undisclosed injuries when he was hit in the chest by what was believed to be shrapnel from a ricocheted bullet.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos