Teen surrenders in AC shooting that left 1 dead, baby wounded
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Atlantic County teenager sought in a shooting that left a man dead and a baby injured this summer has turned himself into authorities.
Atlantic County prosecutors say the 16-year-old Atlantic City boy faces several charges, including murder. He was being held at a youth detention center, and it was not clear Saturday whether he has retained lawyer.
The youth, whose name was not released due to his age, is charged in the July 29 shooting death of 25-year-old Sedrick Lindo, who was shot while sitting on a porch outside the Carver Hall apartments in Atlantic City.
A 3-month-old baby suffered undisclosed injuries when he was hit in the chest by what was believed to be shrapnel from a ricocheted bullet.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish