Multiple people including children injured in I-95 crash
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating an accident on I-95 that left one person dead Saturday.
Police say a flat tire is to blame for a deadly crash in delaware that also sent three young children to the hospital.
The accident happened in the northbound lane of I-95 near Marsh Road in Wilmington just after 12:15 p.m., forcing the shutdown of I-95 for several hours.
State troopers tell Action News that a Honda Passport blew a tire and flipped several times.
The driver, 34-year-old Michelle Johnson, was killed. Another boy remains hospitalized with more serious injuries.
Two other people, including a 15-year-old girl were also treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
Troopers say no child seats were found at the scene.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 2 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 8 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
20 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
2 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos