Multiple people including children injured in I-95 crash
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating an accident on I-95 that left one person dead Saturday.
Police say a flat tire is to blame for a deadly crash in delaware that also sent three young children to the hospital.
The accident happened in the northbound lane of I-95 near Marsh Road in Wilmington just after 12:15 p.m., forcing the shutdown of I-95 for several hours.
State troopers tell Action News that a Honda Passport blew a tire and flipped several times.
The driver, 34-year-old Michelle Johnson, was killed. Another boy remains hospitalized with more serious injuries.
Two other people, including a 15-year-old girl were also treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
Troopers say no child seats were found at the scene.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 41 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 49 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
41 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
52 min ago