Multiple people including children injured in I-95 crash
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating an accident on I-95 that left one person dead Saturday.
Police say a flat tire is to blame for a deadly crash in delaware that also sent three young children to the hospital.
The accident happened in the northbound lane of I-95 near Marsh Road in Wilmington just after 12:15 p.m., forcing the shutdown of I-95 for several hours.
State troopers tell Action News that a Honda Passport blew a tire and flipped several times.
The driver, 34-year-old Michelle Johnson, was killed. Another boy remains hospitalized with more serious injuries.
Two other people, including a 15-year-old girl were also treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
Troopers say no child seats were found at the scene.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 3 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 54 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 5.7-magnitude quake felt across northern California 54 min ago
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 41 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
54 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
3 min ago