Phila. police shoot armed man in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police opened fire on a man who they say pointed a gun at officers in Hunting Park.
It happened around 3:20 Sunday morning near the Exxon gas station on the 4500 block of Whitaker Street.
Arriving officers found a man armed with a gun in the gas station parking lot. The suspect allegedly pointed his gun at another man who had his hands in the air.
Police ordered the armed man to drop his weapon and but the suspect fled on foot.
Two officers from the 25th district chased after him. Police say the suspect pointed his gun at them.
Both officers opened fire, striking the suspect in the leg. He continued to run but was later apprehended by police.
The suspect was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police say the numerous charges are pending.
philadelphia, hunting park, police, shooting, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book