Driver had medical problem prior to NJ bus crash
LOGAN TWP., N.J. - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Jersey Transit bus driver apparently suffered a "medical episode" moments before the bus went off a southern New Jersey roadway and crashed into a nearby marsh.
No serious injuries were reported in the accident, which occurred around 10:40 a.m. Sunday in Logan Township. Three of the seven passengers aboard were taken to the hospital as a precaution and were released later Sunday.
The driver, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital for treatment. But further details on the driver's condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the bus was traveling in the area of High Hill Road and Route 130 when it suddenly left the roadway and ended up in the marshy area. The bus was not damaged in the accident.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
22 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
9 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
6 min ago