5 injured in New Castle County collision
MT. CHANIN, Del. - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Five people were injured in a collision between a minivan and a car in Delaware.
It was around 1:15 p.m. in the Mt. Chanin area of New Castle County when a car and a minivan collided.
Three people inside the car ended up trapped and had to be rescued by firefighters.
One was flown to a nearby hospital for treatment.
A man and a child in the minivan suffered injuries as well.
The accident occurred along the 200 block of West Rockland Road.
Officials say the windy road was wet at the time, though it has not yet been determined if the slick road played a part in the cause of the accident.
New Castle County police continue to investigate.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 23 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
23 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
42 min ago