1 dead in Northern Liberties double shooting
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting that left one person dead in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
"It seems to be a very violent crime that took place in there which led to this double shooting homicide," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.
The shooting took place around 9:00 p.m. at the 700 block of North 3rd Street.
Police found two victims inside the three-story home.
A woman in her 60s, suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her daughter, shot once in the face, was transported to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
Late Sunday, police were questioning others who were in the home at the time of the shooting.
"We have several witnesses that stated the shooting took place inside the private residence where both of these victims reside," Small said.
Police believe the suspect who fled the scene is a male. They say there is evidence of a struggle on all 3 floors of the home.
Authorities are hoping surveillance video from area businesses will help with the investigation.
The 41-year-old woman who survived the shooting remains in critical condition in Hahnemann University Hospital.
philadelphia, northern liberties, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ