1 dead in Northern Liberties double shooting
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting that left one person dead in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
"It seems to be a very violent crime that took place in there which led to this double shooting homicide," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.
The shooting took place around 9:00 p.m. at the 700 block of North 3rd Street.
Police found two victims inside the three-story home.
A woman in her 60s, suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her daughter, shot once in the face, was transported to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
Late Sunday, police were questioning others who were in the home at the time of the shooting.
"We have several witnesses that stated the shooting took place inside the private residence where both of these victims reside," Small said.
Police believe the suspect who fled the scene is a male. They say there is evidence of a struggle on all 3 floors of the home.
Authorities are hoping surveillance video from area businesses will help with the investigation.
The 41-year-old woman who survived the shooting remains in critical condition in Hahnemann University Hospital.
philadelphia, northern liberties, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 26 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 18 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
12 min ago