Water main break closes Woodland Avenue
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Water Dept. has closed Woodland Avenue between 42nd and 43rd Street due to a 12" water main break Monday morning.
The water main break caused the road to cave in and the area will be closed until further notice.
Shuttle buses have replaced the regular service on SEPTA's route 11 and 36 trolleys between 40th and 49th Streets.
Officials say until the repairs are completed, these trolleys will continue to operate along Chester Avenue in both directions.
water main break, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 32 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ