Water main break closes Woodland Avenue
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Water Dept. has closed Woodland Avenue between 42nd and 43rd Street due to a 12" water main break Monday morning.
The water main break caused the road to cave in and the area will be closed until further notice.
Shuttle buses have replaced the regular service on SEPTA's route 11 and 36 trolleys between 40th and 49th Streets.
Officials say until the repairs are completed, these trolleys will continue to operate along Chester Avenue in both directions.
water main break, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet