Del. police search for suspect wanted for theft
BEAR, Del. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State police needs your help in identifying the male suspect who allegedly stole a 42" HD television from a Shoprite in Bear.
The theft took place last Friday around 7:00 a.m. in the 1100 block of Governor's Place in the Governor's Square Shopping Center.
Police say a male suspect entered a Shoprite and removed a 42" Haier television valued at $400 from the display, put it in a shopping cart and then fled the store.
The suspect was captured on video surveillance during the incident.
He is described as a white male, 25-30 years of age, 5'09"-6'0" tall, 230-250 lbs., and large build.
He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with white lettering "Chillen with My Peeps" with a picture of a yellow Easter candy "Peep", black baseball cap and jeans.
He may have been driving a black Mazda 626 or Nissan Altima type vehicle.
If anyone has any information in reference to this incident, they are asked to contact Troop 2 at 302-834-2620 Extension #551 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
Information may also be provided via the internet at Submit a Tip.
Send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
theft, robbery, delaware, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 5 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands