Pedestrian struck trying to cross Coastal Highway
REHOBOTH, Del. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a pedestrian was critically injured when she was hit trying to cross Coastal Highway in Rehoboth.
It happened about 5:35 p.m. Sunday.
Troopers say 73-year-old Bernice Wastler of Rehoboth Beach was driving north on the highway when 34-year-old Kelley R. Oram of Rehoboth Beach was trying to walk across the highway.
Police say Oram is in critical condition at a local hospital. Wastler was taken to another hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident is under investigation.
delaware, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's