Pedestrian struck trying to cross Coastal Highway
REHOBOTH, Del. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a pedestrian was critically injured when she was hit trying to cross Coastal Highway in Rehoboth.
It happened about 5:35 p.m. Sunday.
Troopers say 73-year-old Bernice Wastler of Rehoboth Beach was driving north on the highway when 34-year-old Kelley R. Oram of Rehoboth Beach was trying to walk across the highway.
Police say Oram is in critical condition at a local hospital. Wastler was taken to another hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident is under investigation.
delaware, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 26 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 23 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 3 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
23 min ago