$10,000 reward for missing fmr. University of Delaware professor
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The University of Delaware is offering a $10,000 reward in the disappearance of John Dohms, a retired professor.
John Dohms was last seen walking northbound on Creek Road into White Clay Creek State Park around 3:00 p.m. on September 13th.
He was wearing a bright green button-down shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes and khaki shorts. He may have a set of binoculars in his possession and wears a Medic Alert bracelet on his left wrist.
Investigators previously said Dohms suffers from dementia.
Police are asking residents of northern Newark, Hockessin and southern Chester County, Pa., to check their sheds, outbuildings, cars, under decks or other places of shelter.
Dohms is known to frequent stores in and around Main Street, the Pomeroy Trail, city and state parkland off Paper Mill Road, and University facilities. He also frequents trails in and around White Clay Creek State Park.
The family has created a special Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindJohnDohms to aid in the search.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts should call 911 immediately.
delaware, newark, missing person, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 54 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 44 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 15 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos