$10,000 reward for missing fmr. University of Delaware professor
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The University of Delaware is offering a $10,000 reward in the disappearance of John Dohms, a retired professor.
John Dohms was last seen walking northbound on Creek Road into White Clay Creek State Park around 3:00 p.m. on September 13th.
He was wearing a bright green button-down shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes and khaki shorts. He may have a set of binoculars in his possession and wears a Medic Alert bracelet on his left wrist.
Investigators previously said Dohms suffers from dementia.
Police are asking residents of northern Newark, Hockessin and southern Chester County, Pa., to check their sheds, outbuildings, cars, under decks or other places of shelter.
Dohms is known to frequent stores in and around Main Street, the Pomeroy Trail, city and state parkland off Paper Mill Road, and University facilities. He also frequents trails in and around White Clay Creek State Park.
The family has created a special Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindJohnDohms to aid in the search.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts should call 911 immediately.
delaware, newark, missing person, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southest Phila. house fire 27 min ago
- Windy And Cool 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 19 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt. 23 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 59 min ago
- Windy And Cool
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos