Autopsy planned on Delaware Valley College student found dead in dorm
NEW BRITAIN TWP., Pa. - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- An autopsy is planned for Tuesday night on the student who was found dead inside the dorm of a Bucks County college.
The student has been identified as 21-year-old Gabrielle Hillman from Belmar, New Jersey.
Her body was found inside a dorm room at Delaware Valley College around 3:45 p.m. on Alumni Lane in New Britain.
Police tell Action News there was no sign of trauma, drugs or alcohol abuse. Police did say that Hillman has been suffering from bronchitis for the past two weeks and that she went to sleep then never woke up.
District Attorney David Heckler previously said that there is no sign of trauma and there is no reason to believe that this incident is criminal in nature.
Officials say the body may have been found by security.
The college released a statement Monday night saying, "The entire Delaware Valley College community is deeply saddened by this news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gabrielle's family and friends."
College officials say the circumstances surrounding the death remain under investigation.
"The situation indicates this to be an isolated incident and there is no danger to our college community," the statement from the college says.
Delaware Valley College students can call 215-489-2252 or stop by the Student Health and Wellness Center for counseling support.
pennsylvania, bucks county, body found, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Damp and cooler. 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Damp and cooler.
25 min ago