Teen shot in face in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenage girl is hospitalized after being shot in the face in South Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 4:45 p.m. along the 1600 block South 19th Street near Mountain Street.
The teenage girl, believed to be approximately 15, was shot in the left side of her face.
She was rushed by medics to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 7 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security 11 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 8 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 25 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!