Teen shot in face in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenage girl is hospitalized after being shot in the face in South Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 4:45 p.m. along the 1600 block South 19th Street near Mountain Street.
The teenage girl, believed to be approximately 15, was shot in the left side of her face.
She was rushed by medics to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 29 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ