Teen shot in face in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenage girl is hospitalized after being shot in the face in South Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 4:45 p.m. along the 1600 block South 19th Street near Mountain Street.
The teenage girl, believed to be approximately 15, was shot in the left side of her face.
She was rushed by medics to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 30 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 30 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply