Police ID worker electrocuted in Delaware
GREENVILLE, Del. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County detectives have identified the victim who caught on fire after being electrocuted.
Detectives have identified the victim as 50-year-old Jeffrey Stone from the 100 block of Main Street in Townsend, Delaware.
The investigation revealed that Stone was working in a bucket style truck in the area of the 100 block of Congressional Drive in the Greenville Place Apartment complex around 4:20 p.m. Monday.
While raising the boom of the truck, it came into contact with Delmarva Power lines which caused the victim to be electrocuted.
The man caught fire as a result of the electrocution.
Arriving officers pronounced Stone dead at the scene.
OSHA is working with detectives on the investigation.
There is no sign of foul play and the victim's family has been notified.
delaware, new castle county, electric shock, fire, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 47 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 26 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 30 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad