Police ID worker electrocuted in Delaware
GREENVILLE, Del. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County detectives have identified the victim who caught on fire after being electrocuted.
Detectives have identified the victim as 50-year-old Jeffrey Stone from the 100 block of Main Street in Townsend, Delaware.
The investigation revealed that Stone was working in a bucket style truck in the area of the 100 block of Congressional Drive in the Greenville Place Apartment complex around 4:20 p.m. Monday.
While raising the boom of the truck, it came into contact with Delmarva Power lines which caused the victim to be electrocuted.
The man caught fire as a result of the electrocution.
Arriving officers pronounced Stone dead at the scene.
OSHA is working with detectives on the investigation.
There is no sign of foul play and the victim's family has been notified.
delaware, new castle county, electric shock, fire, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 44 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 47 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 40 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 42 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 38 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
47 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
44 min ago
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
42 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
40 min ago