Delaware man charged in 3-year-old murder case
DOVER, Del. (AP) - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities have arrested a man in connection with a three-year-old murder case.
State police say 21-year-old Jermaine M. Zachary of Dover was arrested Monday after reporting to his probation officer. He was charged with second-degree murder and attempted robbery in the September 2009 killing of 40-year-old Robert Watkins of Seaford.
Zachary is being held on $302,000 cash bond.
Zachary's arrest came after detectives reopened their investigation into the death of Watkins, who was killed after he and a friend went to a house in Magnolia to buy a dog. As the two were sitting in their car, Zachary got in the back seat. Another man approached car, pulled a pistol and demanded money from Watkins, who was shot as he and the friend tried to drive away.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 3 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies