Delaware man charged in 3-year-old murder case
DOVER, Del. (AP) - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities have arrested a man in connection with a three-year-old murder case.
State police say 21-year-old Jermaine M. Zachary of Dover was arrested Monday after reporting to his probation officer. He was charged with second-degree murder and attempted robbery in the September 2009 killing of 40-year-old Robert Watkins of Seaford.
Zachary is being held on $302,000 cash bond.
Zachary's arrest came after detectives reopened their investigation into the death of Watkins, who was killed after he and a friend went to a house in Magnolia to buy a dog. As the two were sitting in their car, Zachary got in the back seat. Another man approached car, pulled a pistol and demanded money from Watkins, who was shot as he and the friend tried to drive away.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 2 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 28 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine