Delaware man charged in 3-year-old murder case
DOVER, Del. (AP) - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities have arrested a man in connection with a three-year-old murder case.
State police say 21-year-old Jermaine M. Zachary of Dover was arrested Monday after reporting to his probation officer. He was charged with second-degree murder and attempted robbery in the September 2009 killing of 40-year-old Robert Watkins of Seaford.
Zachary is being held on $302,000 cash bond.
Zachary's arrest came after detectives reopened their investigation into the death of Watkins, who was killed after he and a friend went to a house in Magnolia to buy a dog. As the two were sitting in their car, Zachary got in the back seat. Another man approached car, pulled a pistol and demanded money from Watkins, who was shot as he and the friend tried to drive away.
homicide, delaware, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids