Delaware confirms another West Nile virus case
MIDDLETOWN, Del. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Health officials in Delaware are confirming another human case of West Nile virus.
A person in the Middletown, Del. area was recently diagnosed with the virus.
Authorities say the case was mild and the person's prognosis for a full recovery is good.
The case brings to seven the total number of West Nile cases confirmed in Delaware this year.
Health officials say seven cases is the second largest total in state history. The record, set in 2003, is 17 total cases.
delaware, west nile virus, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 37 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos