Suspect identified in NE Philadelphia killing
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have named a suspect in the murder of a man in Northeast Philadelphia.
Khalil Walker-Shabazz, 21, of the 3200 block of Cottman Avenue is wanted for the murder of 25-year-old Jerry Edwards, of the 6700 block of Oakland Street, back on Wednesday, October 3rd.
Edwards' body was found inside a car parked in a common driveway behind the 7500 block of Brous Avenue.
Police were called at 5:23 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived they found Edwards slumped behind the wheel, shot in the chest. The driver's side window of the car was smashed out.
This is normally a pretty quiet community. Neighbors and police alike say gunfire is uncommon, let alone a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 46 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish