Suspect identified in NE Philadelphia killing
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have named a suspect in the murder of a man in Northeast Philadelphia.
Khalil Walker-Shabazz, 21, of the 3200 block of Cottman Avenue is wanted for the murder of 25-year-old Jerry Edwards, of the 6700 block of Oakland Street, back on Wednesday, October 3rd.
Edwards' body was found inside a car parked in a common driveway behind the 7500 block of Brous Avenue.
Police were called at 5:23 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived they found Edwards slumped behind the wheel, shot in the chest. The driver's side window of the car was smashed out.
This is normally a pretty quiet community. Neighbors and police alike say gunfire is uncommon, let alone a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 11 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 10 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 2 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
11 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
10 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
46 min ago