Suspect identified in NE Philadelphia killing
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have named a suspect in the murder of a man in Northeast Philadelphia.
Khalil Walker-Shabazz, 21, of the 3200 block of Cottman Avenue is wanted for the murder of 25-year-old Jerry Edwards, of the 6700 block of Oakland Street, back on Wednesday, October 3rd.
Edwards' body was found inside a car parked in a common driveway behind the 7500 block of Brous Avenue.
Police were called at 5:23 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived they found Edwards slumped behind the wheel, shot in the chest. The driver's side window of the car was smashed out.
This is normally a pretty quiet community. Neighbors and police alike say gunfire is uncommon, let alone a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 8 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 6 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 12 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 14 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 10 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
14 min ago