Suspect identified in NE Philadelphia killing
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have named a suspect in the murder of a man in Northeast Philadelphia.
Khalil Walker-Shabazz, 21, of the 3200 block of Cottman Avenue is wanted for the murder of 25-year-old Jerry Edwards, of the 6700 block of Oakland Street, back on Wednesday, October 3rd.
Edwards' body was found inside a car parked in a common driveway behind the 7500 block of Brous Avenue.
Police were called at 5:23 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived they found Edwards slumped behind the wheel, shot in the chest. The driver's side window of the car was smashed out.
This is normally a pretty quiet community. Neighbors and police alike say gunfire is uncommon, let alone a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 34 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 57 min ago