Suspect identified in NE Philadelphia killing
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have named a suspect in the murder of a man in Northeast Philadelphia.
Khalil Walker-Shabazz, 21, of the 3200 block of Cottman Avenue is wanted for the murder of 25-year-old Jerry Edwards, of the 6700 block of Oakland Street, back on Wednesday, October 3rd.
Edwards' body was found inside a car parked in a common driveway behind the 7500 block of Brous Avenue.
Police were called at 5:23 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived they found Edwards slumped behind the wheel, shot in the chest. The driver's side window of the car was smashed out.
This is normally a pretty quiet community. Neighbors and police alike say gunfire is uncommon, let alone a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!