Neighbor rescues elderly man from NJ house fire
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was rescued from a house fire by a neighbor in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out shortly after 6:00 p.m. inside the two story home on North Main Street.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The neighbor then went to the home and assisted the elderly man from the property.
The fire was placed under control in a little over a half hour.
The house suffered significant smoke and water damage.
There is no word on a cause.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 7 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?