Neighbor rescues elderly man from NJ house fire
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was rescued from a house fire by a neighbor in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out shortly after 6:00 p.m. inside the two story home on North Main Street.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The neighbor then went to the home and assisted the elderly man from the property.
The fire was placed under control in a little over a half hour.
The house suffered significant smoke and water damage.
There is no word on a cause.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 33 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 49 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
33 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
49 min ago