Neighbor rescues elderly man from NJ house fire
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was rescued from a house fire by a neighbor in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out shortly after 6:00 p.m. inside the two story home on North Main Street.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The neighbor then went to the home and assisted the elderly man from the property.
The fire was placed under control in a little over a half hour.
The house suffered significant smoke and water damage.
There is no word on a cause.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 35 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 7 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 3 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
47 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
35 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar...
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos