Neighbor rescues elderly man from NJ house fire
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was rescued from a house fire by a neighbor in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out shortly after 6:00 p.m. inside the two story home on North Main Street.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The neighbor then went to the home and assisted the elderly man from the property.
The fire was placed under control in a little over a half hour.
The house suffered significant smoke and water damage.
There is no word on a cause.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ