Neighbor rescues elderly man from NJ house fire
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was rescued from a house fire by a neighbor in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out shortly after 6:00 p.m. inside the two story home on North Main Street.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The neighbor then went to the home and assisted the elderly man from the property.
The fire was placed under control in a little over a half hour.
The house suffered significant smoke and water damage.
There is no word on a cause.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 19 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 13 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos