Teen arrested in sucker-punching of Pa. teacher
PITTSBURGH (AP) - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a teenager has been arrested in an assault on an English teacher who was sucker-punched near the western Pennsylvania city's Creative and Performing Arts school last week.
Police said the 15-year-old, who is enrolled at a different school, was charged Tuesday with simple assault and taken to a juvenile detention center. Officials said he also faces a probation violation.
Police earlier released a video showing 50-year-old James Addlespurger walking through a downtown alley near the school about 3:30 p.m. Thursday when one of several teens walking by suddenly punches Addlespurger, who drops to the curb.
Police said the suspect is enrolled at Letsche High School rather than CAPA, which is for 6th through 12th grade students pursuing a diploma with an emphasis in the performing arts.
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 40 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen