Resident rescued from W Mount Airy fire
WEST MOUNT AIRY - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued one person from an apartment fire in Philadelphia's West Mount Airy section.
It was around 9:00 a.m. Wednesday when fire crews were called out to the report of a blaze at an apartment building located at the intersection of Kingsley Street and West Walnut Lane.
When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke coming from a first floor apartment. Fire crews pulled one resident from the apartment. Luckily, that person was uninjured.
The fire was declared under control 16 minutes after fire fighters arrived.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
west mount airy, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 10 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos