Resident rescued from W Mount Airy fire
WEST MOUNT AIRY - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued one person from an apartment fire in Philadelphia's West Mount Airy section.
It was around 9:00 a.m. Wednesday when fire crews were called out to the report of a blaze at an apartment building located at the intersection of Kingsley Street and West Walnut Lane.
When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke coming from a first floor apartment. Fire crews pulled one resident from the apartment. Luckily, that person was uninjured.
The fire was declared under control 16 minutes after fire fighters arrived.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
west mount airy, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 10 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos