DA probes allegations Pa. councilwoman took cash
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors are investigating allegations that a first-term city councilwoman in Chester, Pa., took money from a cash box at a city swimming pool.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Chester Mayor John Linder informed Councilwoman Elizabeth Williams in a July 30 letter that he had received allegations she had removed about $148 in cash from a box at the city pool. The letter also claimed she allowed people to enter the Memorial Park swimming pool without paying.
Delaware County Assistant District Attorney Erica Parham said Tuesday prosecutors are reviewing the allegations against Williams. Both Williams and Linder declined comment on the investigation to the newspaper.
A message left by The Associated Press at Williams' office Wednesday was not immediately returned.
chester, pennsylvania, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 10 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later 6 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 3 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 17 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued 20 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 23 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
10 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
3 min ago
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant...
6 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
1 min ago