Camera-smashing deli burglars caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for help identifying a pair of burglars caught on camera smashing a security camera and robbing a delicatessen.
It happened overnight Thursday into Friday September 21st between 9:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. at the Frankford Deli in the 3500 block of Frankford Avenue.
Police say the men forced open the rear door. One of the men is then seen on surveillance video reaching up and smashing one of the deli's security cameras.
RELATED: Watch the surveillance video on the Philadelphia Police Deparment's YouTube channel.
But the burglar apparently didn't realize another camera was still recording their every move.
Both men are seen stealing a Dell laptop computer, baby formula, cigarettes and $45 in cash and fleeing on foot.
Police released the following description of the deli burglars:
Suspect #1: Black or Hispanic male, mustache, wearing, a light colored jacket, gloves, dark colored shorts and dark colored shoes.
Suspect #2: Black or Hispanic male, wearing a light colored hooded sweatshirt, dark colored pants and dark colored shoes.
Police say if you see either suspect, do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477), or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847, or use this electronic form.
philadelphia, burglary, caught on camera, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 9 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 6 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 12 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 7 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors 24 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 52 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
12 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
31 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
52 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
32 min ago