Revel reveals revenue reversal in September
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Revel is going in reverse.
Atlantic City's newest casino won less money from gamblers in September than it did in August. The six-month-old casino resort won $16.8 million last month, down from $20 million in August.
Atlantic City's 12 casinos collectively saw their September revenue fall by 6.3 percent to $276 million, compared with a year ago.
So far, Revel has not been the catalyst that many in Atlantic City had hoped it would be in growing the gambling market, which has been shrinking ever since 2007.
For the first nine months of the year, casinos won $2.4 billion which is down 4.8 percent from the same period in 2011.
new jersey, atlantic city, casinos, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 14 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 19 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 25 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 43 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 34 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 43 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
14 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
19 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
35 min ago