Revel reveals revenue reversal in September
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Revel is going in reverse.
Atlantic City's newest casino won less money from gamblers in September than it did in August. The six-month-old casino resort won $16.8 million last month, down from $20 million in August.
Atlantic City's 12 casinos collectively saw their September revenue fall by 6.3 percent to $276 million, compared with a year ago.
So far, Revel has not been the catalyst that many in Atlantic City had hoped it would be in growing the gambling market, which has been shrinking ever since 2007.
For the first nine months of the year, casinos won $2.4 billion which is down 4.8 percent from the same period in 2011.
new jersey, atlantic city, casinos, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 20 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 4 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 24 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 24 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 24 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
20 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
24 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
24 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos