4 arrested for stealing grates on I-95
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four men have been arrested for allegedly stealing drainage grates from Interstate 95 in Philadelphia.
Police say it was approximately 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday when an officer watched the men removing the grates, which are property of PennDOT.
The men removed the grates from the roadway and, police say, placed them into a silver Ford van.
The males then drove southbound on I-95 until they were pulled over and arrested in the 4900 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the grates were recovered and returned to PennDOT.
The following suspects are charged with Theft and Criminal Mischief:
-Norberto Rivera, 24 year old male from the 2000 Block of E. Allegheny Avenue
-Raul Rosario, 56 year old male from the 400 Block of N 7th Street, Camden, NJ
-Carlos Villegas, 54 year old male from the 600 Block of E Willard Street
-Edgar Manon, 24 year old male from the 500 Block of Alcott Street
philadelphia, theft, penndot, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 43 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 13 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 3 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 24 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
43 min ago