4 arrested for stealing grates on I-95
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four men have been arrested for allegedly stealing drainage grates from Interstate 95 in Philadelphia.
Police say it was approximately 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday when an officer watched the men removing the grates, which are property of PennDOT.
The men removed the grates from the roadway and, police say, placed them into a silver Ford van.
The males then drove southbound on I-95 until they were pulled over and arrested in the 4900 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the grates were recovered and returned to PennDOT.
The following suspects are charged with Theft and Criminal Mischief:
-Norberto Rivera, 24 year old male from the 2000 Block of E. Allegheny Avenue
-Raul Rosario, 56 year old male from the 400 Block of N 7th Street, Camden, NJ
-Carlos Villegas, 54 year old male from the 600 Block of E Willard Street
-Edgar Manon, 24 year old male from the 500 Block of Alcott Street
philadelphia, theft, penndot, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 37 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
37 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos