4 arrested for stealing grates on I-95
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four men have been arrested for allegedly stealing drainage grates from Interstate 95 in Philadelphia.
Police say it was approximately 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday when an officer watched the men removing the grates, which are property of PennDOT.
The men removed the grates from the roadway and, police say, placed them into a silver Ford van.
The males then drove southbound on I-95 until they were pulled over and arrested in the 4900 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the grates were recovered and returned to PennDOT.
The following suspects are charged with Theft and Criminal Mischief:
-Norberto Rivera, 24 year old male from the 2000 Block of E. Allegheny Avenue
-Raul Rosario, 56 year old male from the 400 Block of N 7th Street, Camden, NJ
-Carlos Villegas, 54 year old male from the 600 Block of E Willard Street
-Edgar Manon, 24 year old male from the 500 Block of Alcott Street
philadelphia, theft, penndot, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 28 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 30 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 34 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 36 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 11 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 32 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
28 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
30 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
34 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
2 min ago