4 arrested for stealing grates on I-95
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four men have been arrested for allegedly stealing drainage grates from Interstate 95 in Philadelphia.
Police say it was approximately 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday when an officer watched the men removing the grates, which are property of PennDOT.
The men removed the grates from the roadway and, police say, placed them into a silver Ford van.
The males then drove southbound on I-95 until they were pulled over and arrested in the 4900 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the grates were recovered and returned to PennDOT.
The following suspects are charged with Theft and Criminal Mischief:
-Norberto Rivera, 24 year old male from the 2000 Block of E. Allegheny Avenue
-Raul Rosario, 56 year old male from the 400 Block of N 7th Street, Camden, NJ
-Carlos Villegas, 54 year old male from the 600 Block of E Willard Street
-Edgar Manon, 24 year old male from the 500 Block of Alcott Street
philadelphia, theft, penndot, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 5 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 40 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 37 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 16 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
13 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
5 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
40 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
4 min ago