Man shot in West Philadelphia barbershop
WEST PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after being shot during an attempted robbery at a West Philadelphia barbershop.
The shooting occurred shortly before 8:00 p.m. at 60th and Race streets.
Police say two men entered the barbershop and during the course of the holdup, shot a man in the stomach.
The two fled on foot and remain at large.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Police say nothing was taken as a result of the attempted robbery.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 32 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 24 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
18 min ago