Police: Delco dad left daughter, 1, to go rob homes
BROOKHAVEN, Pa. - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Brookhaven, Delaware County dad is facing charges he left his one year old child home alone while he tried to burglarize his neighbors.
Police say 20-year-old Arthur Langley sat his little girl in front of the television Wednesday morning, and then walked along the 3400 block of Victor Avenue and tried to break in to several houses.
The Delaware County Times reports Langley allegedly told police he had been looking for places people sometimes leave keys, and then mentioned he'd left his daughter home alone.
Police went to his house and found the girl in a child seat watching television. Police called the girl's mother to come pick her up.
Langley is being held on $100,000 bail on charges including attempted burglary and endangering the welfare of a child. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, robbery, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos