Crossing guard hit by car in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crossing guard was hit by a car on Thursday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident occurred at 78th Street and Buist Avenue at 7:54 a.m.
Police say the driver stopped at the scene and told them she didn't see the female crossing guard because the sun was in her eyes.
The crossing guard is in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no word yet on if the driver would be charged.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 57 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply