Crossing guard hit by car in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crossing guard was hit by a car on Thursday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident occurred at 78th Street and Buist Avenue at 7:54 a.m.
Police say the driver stopped at the scene and told them she didn't see the female crossing guard because the sun was in her eyes.
The crossing guard is in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no word yet on if the driver would be charged.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 17 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts