Crossing guard hit by car in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crossing guard was hit by a car on Thursday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident occurred at 78th Street and Buist Avenue at 7:54 a.m.
Police say the driver stopped at the scene and told them she didn't see the female crossing guard because the sun was in her eyes.
The crossing guard is in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no word yet on if the driver would be charged.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 44 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 41 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 45 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 43 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 39 min ago
- Pennsylvania Turnpike pileup exposed gaps, officials say 8 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures