Crossing guard hit by car in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crossing guard was hit by a car on Thursday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident occurred at 78th Street and Buist Avenue at 7:54 a.m.
Police say the driver stopped at the scene and told them she didn't see the female crossing guard because the sun was in her eyes.
The crossing guard is in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no word yet on if the driver would be charged.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 36 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 35 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos