Crossing guard hit by car in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crossing guard was hit by a car on Thursday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident occurred at 78th Street and Buist Avenue at 7:54 a.m.
Police say the driver stopped at the scene and told them she didn't see the female crossing guard because the sun was in her eyes.
The crossing guard is in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no word yet on if the driver would be charged.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 4 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 37 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 2 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 30 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
37 min ago