Police: Man shot 10 times in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after being shot approximately ten times in Southwest Philadelphia, police say.
Police and medics were called shortly before 3:00 p.m. to the intersection of 54th Street and Paschall Avenue for the report of a shooting.
When they arrived, authorities found a man, around 30 to 35 years old, shot approximately ten times.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in critical condition.
Police are looking for two men who fled in a 2010 or 2011 gray Acura SUV eastbound on Passyunk Avenue.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 48 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 35 min ago