Police: Man shot 10 times in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after being shot approximately ten times in Southwest Philadelphia, police say.
Police and medics were called shortly before 3:00 p.m. to the intersection of 54th Street and Paschall Avenue for the report of a shooting.
When they arrived, authorities found a man, around 30 to 35 years old, shot approximately ten times.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in critical condition.
Police are looking for two men who fled in a 2010 or 2011 gray Acura SUV eastbound on Passyunk Avenue.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 10 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 40 min ago
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man 57 min ago
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 32 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 41 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 42 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
36 min ago