Police: Man shot 10 times in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after being shot approximately ten times in Southwest Philadelphia, police say.
Police and medics were called shortly before 3:00 p.m. to the intersection of 54th Street and Paschall Avenue for the report of a shooting.
When they arrived, authorities found a man, around 30 to 35 years old, shot approximately ten times.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in critical condition.
Police are looking for two men who fled in a 2010 or 2011 gray Acura SUV eastbound on Passyunk Avenue.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish