Police: Bank robber arrested near bank
MILLTOWN, Del. - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they arrested a bank robber just moments after the crime.
The robbery happened shortly before 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the PNC Bank at 4725 Kirkwood Highway.
Police got a description of the suspect and began a search.
Soon, troopers began chasing a man who was taken into custody on Armour Drive in the community of Delpark Manor.
That man has been identified as Joseph McCauley, 29, of Wilmington.
McCauley was charged with Robbery 2nd Degree and Wearing a Disguise During the Commission of a Felony.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institute on $12,000 cash bond.
delaware, bank robbery, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 30 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more