Police: Bank robber arrested near bank
MILLTOWN, Del. - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they arrested a bank robber just moments after the crime.
The robbery happened shortly before 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the PNC Bank at 4725 Kirkwood Highway.
Police got a description of the suspect and began a search.
Soon, troopers began chasing a man who was taken into custody on Armour Drive in the community of Delpark Manor.
That man has been identified as Joseph McCauley, 29, of Wilmington.
McCauley was charged with Robbery 2nd Degree and Wearing a Disguise During the Commission of a Felony.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institute on $12,000 cash bond.
delaware, bank robbery, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 1 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 41 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 17 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies