Wilmington Police search for sidewalk shooter
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are searching for a man who opened fire on a public sidewalk as dozens ran for their lives.
Police released surveillance video Thursday of the September 26th incident.
Two groups of men met at an intersection on the 400 block of East 9th Street and exchanged words.
As they parted, a man wearing a grey hoodie grabbed a gun from his waistband and fired.
Fortunately, no one was hit.
Deborah Cleveland was on her porch and had to pull her 5-year-old grandchild out of the line of fire.
She says the shooter didn't care where he was firing.
"He ran up the street and was shooting backwards, not even looking where he was shooting. And then he ran off between the houses," she said.
Anyone with information on the identity of the man in the grey hoodie is asked to call the Wilmington Police.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 54 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
29 min ago