Northeast Pa. student diagnosed with tuberculosis
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A high school student in northeastern Pennsylvania has been diagnosed with tuberculosis.
District officials said Thursday that the student attends East Stroudsburg Area Senior High School North.
Tuberculosis is a contagious bacterial infection that usually attacks the lungs. It is spread through the air and can be fatal if not treated properly.
State health officials are working with the district to identify and test several people who came into close contact with the infected student.
District officials are holding an information session Saturday morning at the high school, which is in the Pocono Mountains.
tuberculosis, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 53 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
51 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
53 min ago