Northeast Pa. student diagnosed with tuberculosis
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A high school student in northeastern Pennsylvania has been diagnosed with tuberculosis.
District officials said Thursday that the student attends East Stroudsburg Area Senior High School North.
Tuberculosis is a contagious bacterial infection that usually attacks the lungs. It is spread through the air and can be fatal if not treated properly.
State health officials are working with the district to identify and test several people who came into close contact with the infected student.
District officials are holding an information session Saturday morning at the high school, which is in the Pocono Mountains.
tuberculosis, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 35 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 25 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 39 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
35 min ago