Man dies after being pinned by backhoe in Pa.
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has died after getting pinned beneath a backhoe at an equipment lot in eastern Pennsylvania.
The accident happened around 7:15 a.m. Friday at a private lot in Bethlehem. Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek was at the scene, but did not immediately release the victim's name.
Officials with the Ray Gonzales Trucking company say they had called the victim in to do work on the backhoe, but don't know exactly what happened. They say they store equipment at the site and that the victim had been working alone there on Friday morning.
construction accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 11 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 18 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 29 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
11 min ago